1.15.2011

decorating help!


Okay you guys, I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do with my honking huge mantle in the living room. I don't want things to look crowded. Is it too late for that!? I don't like themes. I just know what I like and what I don't like. And I'm just going for relaxed.

Also, I'm going to be incorporating a small deer antler on the mantle, and it's old, so it's almost white-ish. Did you want to know that?! I saw a fake one at Kohl's and I loved it. So my mom went and found me one at an antique store for $15. Is this weird? I have a vision. Trust me. Is anyone understanding me?!

So, I just wanted to see if you all had any ideas for up there. It's about 2 feet deep (that's what she said...), and there's no electrical outlets up there, because that would be too convenient. So, are you up for the challenge of helping me decorate?? Oh, and it has to be budget friendly! (Dumb, huh?! I think so, too!).

Ahem, Kristi, I'm so addressing this blog post to YOU!

4 comments:

  1. Better be a different Kristi ;) this one is decorating CHALLENGED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No ideas but wanted to say that your new place looks like it's great. I'd love to see more pics of it. Check out this blog post for some ideas. http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/2009/08/how-to-decorate-your-mantel.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. lemon yellow for the back wall only?? I like color, but keepin' it simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know what your budget is but I would like to see the bookselves go to the ceiling. And I LOVE Antlers!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, but not as much as I adore YOU. I'd love to hear what you think or feel free to just say HI.