7.27.2010

fun, cute, green packaging


Do you have tons of fabric scraps just laying around? Don't throw them out! Turn your fabric scraps into cute packaging - like Lemon Kissed does!!


I've always LOVED fabrics, and have always searched and searched for reasons to buy brilliant patterns and designs, but really lack sewing skills. And space to sew. However, that does not stop me from hoarding away fat quarters from wonderful designers like Amy Butler and Michael Miller. Instead, I've decided that fabric makes the perfect ribbon to package my jewelry boxes!


I love the way the fabric looks tied around the kraft jewelry box. It looks great, and is using pieces of material that some people would just throw away!! Plus, fabric just makes the best bows - much easier for me than using ribbon!

The next gift you need to wrap, save the Earth and some money and just look through your fabric! You can even go the extra mile and wrap your gift using a paper bag from the grocery store!! The earth will thank you!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea! This would also be a great way to recycle some of your favorite clothes that don't fit you anymore (or have worn out, etc.) but you hate the idea of just getting rid of them. You can cut them up into scraps and then you don't even need to buy any fabrics!

    Barbara
    Eco Chic Hand Knits

    www.EcoChicHandKnits.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually been shipping orders this way for about the last month. The packages look so pretty and I don't throw away any fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely like this. I am so fond of using scrap remnants any way possible.

    I shared my own tips in the thread [which also happens to be where I came across your blog!]: http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6585507&page=4

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Off to my tailor to ask for some fabric scraps :) Have thought of this before, but never tried, this post is so inspiring, I have to try it now! Thank youuuu :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute and green! Love this idea...where do you buy your boxes?

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, but not as much as I adore YOU. I'd love to hear what you think or feel free to just say HI.