5.17.2010

Homemade Playdough

lemon drop studio loves our kids. Heck, we love all kids. We thought it would be fun to share the best homemade playdough recipe we've come across so far. We made our last batch in October and it's still fresh!!

Enjoy and happy creating!


Playdough Recipe

Ingredients:

1 cup flour

1 cup water

1/2 cup salt

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

2 teaspoon cream of tartar

food coloring


Directions:

Mix all ingredients together in a medium saucepan. Heat at medium heat, stirring until thick. Remove mixture from pan. Let cool slightly, then knead until smooth. Store in an airtight container or bag.

Optional: a few drops of scented oil can be added to the ingredients.

If you have a fun craft or recipe for kids that you'd like to share, let me know! Periodically I'd like to share fun things like this with my lovely readers!

4 comments:

  1. Just to clarify - you put the food coloring in the pan as well?

    I tried to do playdough once and it said to add it AFTER taking the dough out of the pan and knead it with you hands...

    I looked like a smurf for a couple days...

    and never attempted playdough again ;-)

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making playdough for kids!!! And I love this kind because if they eat it - it is no big deal!!
    you can make treasure/surprise play dough which kids love by keeping the dough white and then rolling it into balls, press a hole in it with your finger and drop the food coloring in, then squeeze the hole closed and put the ball in a ziplock baggie...the kids will squeeze the dough ball in the baggie to reveal the color!! They love doing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, YEH!!!! this one worked!!! :-) Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love making homemade playdoh! i use the really funky neon colors.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, but not as much as I adore YOU. I'd love to hear what you think or feel free to just say HI.