4.13.2009

New Week, New Artist


Hey Little Lemon Lovers, thanks for coming back for another Monday feature: New Week, New Artist (or New Artist, New Week - say it however you want to!). If you missed last week's feature, you can see it here.

We are now on our fifth week (thanks for sticking around!), and today I am introducing you to Kiva, who runs the wonderful etsy shop Farmstead Lady Designs, where you will find awesome handcrafted jewelry. Hmmm, Mother's Day is coming up... just planting the idea in your heads now, because maybe Ma wants something cute for her neck or wrists, or maybe you do... just sayin'.


I met Kiva on Twitter and have come to be a fan of her amazing jewelry, and will definitely be purchasing something soon, or forwarding links to the husband as subtle, or not so subtle hints! Sometimes it pays to be specific, ladies. Here's Kiva...

Howdy! I’m Kiva and even though born in the north, New Jersey to be specific, most think I am from the South. I am the owner, designer, and artist behind Farmstead Lady Designs – Handcrafted Made Beautiful. You will find jewelry pieces that are unique and created with a mix of semiprecious gemstones as well as glass, crystal and vintage pieces. I believe that if we just take the time to look around, there is much to inspire us. I also believe that beauty shouldn’t break the bank, so I try to make it affordable.

I have more ideas than I have time to create because I am a wife to a wonderful hubby that supports all of my crafty pursuits, a stay-at-home mom to a 6 year old Princess and a 5 year old Prince that I homeschool and they truly keep me on my toes, a friend to many, and a helpmeet to my bi-vocational hubby. My hubby often refers to me as Martha Stewart because I am always doing something – as spring comes full swing, you will find me outside cleaning out the flower beds surrounding the azaleas, rhododendrons, peonies, and hibiscus plants and also getting my garden ready because I do believe in slow food. This year the garden is being expanded and that has led to lots of seed starting and tilling. I wish I could grow chocolate…


Kiva has a great blog about her life on their 2 acre farmstead at Views from the Farmstead that you can see here. Kiva has also been kind enough to offer lemon drop studio blog readers 10% off any order from now until April 30th and free shipping - be sure to use the secret code: lemon drop. Kiva


Kiva, thank you so much for being a part of lemon drop studio's New Week, New Artist, I adore your shop and I am sure others will, too!

My lovely lemons, thank you so much for coming back again! I hope you guys are enjoying all the wonderful features. They have been so much fun to do, and make Mondays a little more exciting! You know, something to look forward too! I'll see you all again soon! Thanks for reading!

If you have an etsy shop that you would like me to feature, or would like to nominate a shop to be featured, please email me at lemondropstudio@gmail.com and we'll get started. I like to have Monday features lined up a few weeks in advance.



2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh Ahhhhh.... I love those earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the feature. If any of your readers mention "lemon drop" they will receive 10% off and free shipping until April 30th.

    Thanks again and I do a Featured Artist Friday (FAF) and Talented Tuesday (TT) so we must talk about featuring you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, but not as much as I adore YOU. I'd love to hear what you think or feel free to just say HI.