4.27.2009

New Artist, New Week


Hey Little Lemon Lovers, thanks for coming back for another Monday feature: New Week, New Artist (or New Artist, New Week - say it however you want to!). If you missed last week's feature, you can see it here.

We are now on our seventh week, and it seems that this feature has been a hit. Thanks for sticking around to see all the new + fun shops that are featured.
And a huge THANK YOU to all of the Etsians that make these features possible. I love sharing all the talent with my readers!

Today I am going to introduce you to Natalia, who is the talented Etsian behind Natalia Araya. Natalia's jewelry is gorgeous. There are so many pieces from her shop that I want in my home, on my fingers, around my neck, in my ears and even in my nose!


Natalia, these are my readers. Readers, this is Natalia of Natalia Araya:

My name is Natalia, I was born and live in Costa Rica. My goal in life is to achieve simplicity… before Etsy I worked doing human resources and accounting for a company. I would spend all my breaks reading blogs online about people who had dreamy lives compared to mine at the time, doing what they loved.


I have been a jeweler for one year, 5 months and 2 weeks. My teacher has been jeweler for 30 years and is the biggest inspiration in my life. I never thought I had a chance, had no money for a workshop, here in Costa Rica it's impossible to find certain basic things, even getting a US account for using PayPal. But one afternoon over coffee my teacher laughed and said: " You suffer because you want to. You know you got what it takes to make a living with your jewelry." Sometimes all we need is a little push.

I quit my job without thinking about it and decided to live out of my last paycheck and list some pieces on Etsy. The rest is absolutely surreal. Today I wake when I wake - not to an alarm, wear flip flops instead of heels, and just spend long hours in my workshop. That's pretty much my story. When I worked in an office I was so depressed, and from this country is so hard to achieve certain things. I had to bring some 170 kilos machinery in a boat! We sometimes laugh at how cool would it be to live in the states and make a call and have things delivered to your door.

Long story short... my name is Natalia and each piece of jewelry I make is treated like how Horton treats the little flake on the flower.


Isn't Natalia wonderful? Isn't she inspiring? And isn't her jewelry breath-taking? Yes, yes and yes! And guess what makes Natalia even cooler, if that is possible... she is offering all lemon drop studio blog readers FREE SHIPPING on your orders. Make sure you let her know you're a lemon drop studio blog reader and lover and you'll receive free shipping. Yay!


Please go check out her shop and fall in love with something wonderful. Want to know a few of my favorites? Okay, I'll tell you.

My favorites from Natalia Araya's etsy shop are as follows: the classic pearl ring, the new take on classic pearl posts, and the twisting things around with turquoise necklace. There are many more!! There is not a single item in the whole etsy shop that I wouldn't want for myself, or to give as a gift.

Natalia can be found blogging, and on Facebook, Flickr and on Twitter - go find her and let her know how awesome she is.


Natalia, thank you SO much for being a part of lemon drop studio's New Artist, New Week. It is an honor to highlight you and your amazing talent. Thanks tons and tons!

My lovely lemons, thank you so much for coming back again! I hope you guys are enjoying all the wonderful features. They have been so much fun to do, and make Mondays a little more exciting! You know, something to look forward too! I'll see you all again soon! Thanks for reading!

If you have an etsy shop that you would like me to feature, or would like to nominate a shop to be featured, please email me at lemondropstudio@gmail.com and we'll get started. I like to have Monday features lined up a few weeks in advance.

5 comments:

  1. hooray! my recommendation made it to your blog! I feel special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalia is an amazing artist and a great person too. She's like a ray of light on a cloudy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nat is such an special and amazing person.
    Her story is so real and ispiring.
    Be 100% sure that every item you purchase from this lady is full of atention and love, absolutely worth it.
    Love,

    Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nat is such an special and amazing person.
    Her story is so real and inspiring.
    Be 100% sure that every item you purchase from this lady is full of attention and love, absolutely worth it.
    Love,

    Mel.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, but not as much as I adore YOU. I'd love to hear what you think or feel free to just say HI.